Today we look inner health self-care. This can take many forms; from taking NuWoman for your hormones to adjusting your diet. You’d be amazed at what our bodies can do when properly fuelled and powered up.
What is inner health self-care and why do I need it?
Inner health self-care might sound a bit odd and maybe slightly new agey, but honestly taking care of your inner health puts you in a brilliant position to sort out health concerns – mental and physical. If you are healthy inside, then that shows on the outside.
Did you know that hormones play a massive role in your body’s overall function and even your mental well-being? So for this reason, an imbalance is the last thing we need. We’ve come up with some ways to help your hormones. Some of the best ways to help your hormones are done by adjusting your diet. Did you know there can be synthetic hormones in your food?
Here are some tips on dietary add-on’s that you could use to help:
- Increasing the amount of protein in your diet can help with your hormones, aim for 20-30 grams of protein per meal. (This can also help with weight loss and a bit of weight gain can be linked to your hormones.)
- High sugar diets and refined carbohydrates in your diet can have a negative effect on your hormones and additionally high sugar diets can contribute to that slump you feel post sugar which can make you feel less than happy.
- Eat more cruciferous vegetables eg; cauliflower, cabbage, kale, bok choy, broccoli, Brussels sprouts and similar green leaf vegetables. These vegetables have a compound called indole-3-carbinol that helps promote the production of less potent forms of oestrogen.
- Minimize soy containing foods as soy is a phytoestrogen and can add to any imbalances in your body.
- Eat fibre rich foods – the fibre helps with digestion which helps with excretion and passing the excess hormones from your body.
Some more ways of helping your inner health is
- Regular exercise, whether walking, running or riding a bike, they’re all beneficial to your health and even your mental health while getting your body a much needed hit of vitamin D.
- Managing your stress levels. We know its easier said than done but a reduction in stress levels allows hormone levels to naturally decrease out of the stress response that your body experiences with long term high stress.
- Improve your sleep habits – developing a healthy sleep schedule will do wonders for your well-being. When rested, your body copes much better with everything that you put it through. We know how tempting it is it to stay up late and sleep in. Going to sleep earlier and waking up when your body is ready is much better for you, both physically and mentally.
Now these are just some tips that we have. What works for some may not work for you and vice versa but what is important is that you take those steps to improve your inner health and this is an amazing form of self-care.
Once you’ve started the cycle you may find that you need a bit of a helping hand or a boost or you want to get the ball rolling in a timely fashion, we have a product that might help. Your hormones could always do with a helping hand even if you’re following the tips and tricks.
Like we said, what works for some may not work for others. This is where we might be the perfect trick for you. NuWoman is NZ’s #1 natural nutritional supplement for hormone balance. We’ve been around for nearly 20 years and from the feedback we hear “lifesaver” “holy grail” “sanity in pill form”, we know it works.
Getting your hormones balanced (whether through these tips or with NuWoman or another way that you know of) is a brilliant start to inner health as it can lead to better inner health – the mental and emotional side. You never know what kind of magic can happen until you try it.
If you missed the first blog, check it out here: https://www.30plus.co.nz/self-care-inside-and-out/
If you want to look at purchasing a NuWoman product, check out our shop here: https://www.30plus.co.nz/shop/
If you want to see what the next step in self-care is, check out our next blog.
NuWoman 30 PLUS is available from pharmacies, health food stores and Countdown Supermarkets nationwide.